Benefits Of Using Drones And Machine Learning Technology For Precision Farming
In the present digital age, technologies like machine learning and artificial intelligence are hard to miss in every dimension of our life. This hardwired technology renders the users with a copious amount of information, saving them a tremendous amount of time and money. In the agricultural sector, precision farming using machine learning technologies are the new game-changer. Opening up a valve of information about their crops, from observing, measuring, and responding to crop conditions to ensuring efficiency of inputs such as water and fertilizer, and to maximize productivity, quality, and yield. Drones are also called UAV – Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, which is a flying device that can fly on a predefined course with the help of auto-pilot or remote and GPS coordinates. Drones are like ‘eyes in the sky. The future of farming is precision agriculture and digital agriculture.
Drones are now being used in many areas like urban monitoring, disaster management, security, delivery services, forestry, wildlife, and agriculture. In Agriculture, drones are used to optimize farm operations and also to monitor crop growth. The digital imaging capabilities can give farmers, researchers, or any user a detailed picture of the farm. Drones having multi-spectral bands with Near Infra-red sensors can differentiate between healthy and unhealthy pants. Using an agriculture drone and gathering information from it is useful in improving yield and farm efficiency. With Drone’s bird’s eye view, it can reveal field-related issues such as irrigation problems, crop growth stages, variations in soil, infestation due to pests, and disease.
The different types of agriculture applications using drones are
- Crop Monitoring,
- Crop Spraying, Irrigation,
- Soil and field analysis
- Disaster Management,
- Plantations Management
Drone technology in agriculture allows farmers to get the best quality of data required for precision crop management in a timely and efficient manner. This allows the timely protection of crops from pests and diseases, greatly helping farmers. Drones help insurance companies in identifying the exact area (extent) of damage and intensity of damage to compute payouts. This helps in claim collection and payouts and reduce errors in that process.
Figures 1a and 1b illustrate an example where skymap global used its own drone image to analyze the growth and crop condition of a farm to support the farmer for effective management of his field by applying the right dose in the right piece of land and support to the insurance industry with information on the extent of crop area under stress/damage.
Figures 2a and 2b illustrate the drone image analytics used in the field to analyze the different growth patterns and the canopy density in a farmer’s field.
G-Wing is a PRO-grade aerial mapping platform developed with the ease of usability in mind. The ability to map high-resolution data covering 200 hectares* in a single flight puts G-Wing among the best in its class. The most affordable professional VTOL-Fixed Wing mapping platform in the micro-sized UAV category. Supplied with G-Station, a Ground Control System software dedicated to supplementing G-Wing operation.G-Station is a feature-rich yet easy to use GCS. Beginner-friendly but exceptionally powerful. Paired together, the G-Wing system provides limitless mapping possibilities.
ADVANTAGES OF SKYMAP’S G-WING DRONE
- Safety is our priority: G-wings VTOL capabilities allow operators to be in a safe distance away from our drones in taking off and landing, reducing the danger of operators, and the environment in comparison to other commercial methods of horizontal drone takeoffs.
- No space? No problem. Regardless of mining areas, forested covers, or demanding terrains, our G-wing only requires 3*3meters of space for its take-off, having a distinct advantage in its ease of deployment.
- Manually adjust and hover: Our G-wing drones allows for manual adjustments and hover during take-off and landing, which gives the operators the power to adjust and decide with precision, on its landing and take off positionings.
- Durable, through the test of time: Most drones get damaged during the initial climb and the final descent. Drones deteriorate during their descent, with the risk of being broken on uneven and difficult terrainS. Our G-wing accurately and safely lands independent of ground conditions, adding a margin for error and recovery.